Saturday, July 2, 2011

Planting a sunflower

One of our library books this week is Sunflower, by Meila Ford and Sally Noll.

Photobucket

After we read this book a few hundred times, I decided to drive over to Walmart and pick up our very own sunflower seeds. After looking through the dozens of different seeds, I weighed my options, and chose to go with sunflower seeds that claimed to be "kid sized." 

I had Logan dig in the mulch to make the holes. I handed him the seeds and the first couple he tossed in random places. Once I pointed out where they should go, he worked much harder to get them in a neat little row. After just a couple of days, imagine our delight when we started noticed small green shoots emerging.

At least I hope those are sunflower shoots, and not weeds!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...