Sunday, May 22, 2011

Resolutions, revisited

Since it has almost been six months since the beginning of 2011, I wanted to take a moment and revisit the resolutions I made. I figured I would share any progress I have made on each one (if any). The actual resolution is in bold.


1. Venture out more into blogging. This means writing more often, including some new topics that I'm passionate about, linking up to parties, and leaving comments. The last two are a little scary, cause I'm kind of shy sometimes. Hey! I did this one! I'm so glad I have, since I have been meeting some pretty amazing people!

2. Continue our voyage into attempting to live more frugally. I want to make use of more free and wonderful resources that are available in our area. I'm contemplating making my own cleaners (which goes hand in hand with my desire for a healthier, greener living). I plan to start utilizing meal planning and coupon clipping more often. I want to save more money in order to continue to stay at home with my little boy. I have tried my own cleaners. And I have started getting into coupon clipping. I have been saving money, and hope to get even more organized and continue to maximize my savings!

3. Live healthier. It's really a nicer way of saying that I want to lose weight. I'm hoping to include more new recipes that are healthy and yummy into our diets. I'm on a mission to try new fruits and vegetables, be more active, and feel happier. And I might just buy the Thirty Day Shred with some of my birthday money. I feel a little afraid after typing that last sentence. This is the one I'm most struggling with. I understand why I am, but it doesn't make it any easier. But on a positive note, I have tried to make lots of new healthy recipes. We have also been eating meatless a couple of days a week. I also bought the 30 day Shred, but I have yet to use it. But I still have six more months, so here's hoping for some more progress!

4. Become an organization princess. The Martha Stewarts out there leave me in envy. I'm just like them, in believing that everything should have a place. BUT sometimes while cleaning up, I end up with stuff that doesn't have a designated place, and someone is ringing the doorbell and I will *cough*cough*cough shove said homeless stuff just anywhere it will fit for the time being. By "anywhere" I usually mean the computer armoire that I never use. It is one of my shameful secrets. But this year I'm making up for it. In my mind this means restarting (and sticking to) my cleaning schedule, purging, and organizing even those areas that I don't often address until it is too late. Helloooooooo kitchen pantry, and closet o' mystery in the basement. I'm coming for you. Hear the crickets chirping? Yeah...... well. I'm using the second half of the year to complete this one, once and for all.

5. Make my house prettier. I've been inspired by all those in blogland who live on a budget but manage to make their houses beautiful by using their creativity and imagination. I have a couple of new things that I want to attempt. Perhaps even BY MYSELF..... WITH TOOLS. So what have I done? A lot of planning and figuring out what I actually like. We built a shed, which believe it or not, helps to beautify the yard and make more room in the house. I think the next step is to redo our master bedroom. We have been married for five years and have had the same two bedding set the whole time. They are looking kind of beat up these days. Hopefully, there will be more updates on this in the near future!

6. Be brave. Try at least one new thing every week for a whole year. It is easy for me to get stuck in a rut and have one week blend into the next. I'm going to make a conscious effort to do something that may or may not be enjoyable and may or may not make me comfortable. But I,  am bound to learn something. Hopefully about myself. This one was hard. BUT....... I have been doing this one. Maybe not exactly every week, but pretty close. Woohoo..... go me!

7. Continue to try and be the best possible parent that I can be. With extra kisses. I think I'm doing this one. But seriously, I don't think I could ever kiss my adorable little guy enough. He a completely cuddle bug and super smooch-able. Have you seen this picture? Seriously? He melts my heart. Constantly.


So did you make any resolutions or goals for 2011? Did you stick to them? Do you remember them? I'd love to know!

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh i am the worst for sticking to resolurions. I make my own laundry and dish detergent. I blogged about it its linked to going green on my sidebar if you are interested. We recently switched from electroc heat to a wood stove. We use free deadfall and trees that peoplw cut down or the storms blew over. It's free and we are helping clean up the neighbourhood. Anyway i'm rambling but we have a lot in common.
    ~jada roo can do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops lots of typos. That will teach me not to comment with my phone lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did! I'm training for a marathon and I only hope I can get it together. I started slacking and I can't right now!!

    I've given you an award on my blog:
    http://michellescharmworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea- I just bought an iPad and tried to type a message using it. It was a disaster! LOL We get our wood the same way. We have electric heat too, and it's the worst! I really want to try and make my own detergent. I am going to visit your site and check out your green living ideas right now!!!!!
    Michelle- A marathon is impressive!!!! I just need to get my butt in gear to lose the "baby weight." Unfortunately, my baby is two and a half!!!LOL Thank you so much for the award!!!!!! It is the first one I've ever received!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...