Monday, November 8, 2010

24 months

Dear Logan,
Happy second birthday. Two years ago I was debating whether or not I was going into labor (I thought yes..... well maybe) and eating Thai food. When we finally went to the hospital you pulled that nasty heart stopping trick and you arrived 20 minutes later via emergency c-section. It was the most scared I have ever been in my life, but the moment I heard you cry it was the absolute happiest.

I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I knew that it was the one thing that I was meant to do. What I didn't know was that I would be so incredibly blessed as to be your mother. You, my little one, have changed me and my life in the best possible ways. You have taught me so much about being a parent and about myself. As much as it breaks my heart to see that you no longer resemble that wobbly giant headed baby, it also fills me with joy. You have become a strong, thriving little boy. You are curious, smart, funny, and so much fun. You can run so fast and can throw far better than I can. You have a creative spirit. You amaze me.

It is hard to sum up what this past two years has meant to me. As much as it celebrates you turning another year older it also symbolizes something more to me. It reminds me that those three months at the beginning of your life that you spent screaming are now far far away. You've spent far more time smiling and giggling. The days where it took me forever to change a diaper are nothing but a memory. Now I can change a diaper with my eyes closed. (By the way..... sorry about the other day when I did change you while I was half asleep and let you walk around with half your bottom hanging out. I didn't have my glasses on, which is basically the same as actually changing you with my eyes closed. It won't happen again...... or at least not often, I promise). I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not only you that has grown in these past two years. I have too, as your mom and best buddy.
Each day that I get to spend with you is one that I want to always remember. You change so fast that sometimes I'm scared I will forget. But I am the luckiest girl in the world since I get to watch you grow. I love you to infinity and beyond.

Love always, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...