Thursday, February 18, 2010

15 months

Dear Bugga Bugga Baby,

You are fifteen months old. I had intended to write one of these every month of your life, but I was too busy living my life with you to actually follow through every month. I would much rather smell your freshly shampooed head, or watch you finger paint, or even snuggle on the couch and watch television with you. I blinked my eyes, and in a split second, you have somehow managed to be with us for fifteen months.

Truth be told, I can't really remember what my life was like without you. And even if I could, I wouldn't want to anyway. I feel as though you have been with us forever. These past fifteen months have been the most wonderful of my life. You have such a gigantic personality. You make your mama laugh all of the time. It is so special to me to watch you develop your sense of humor. When you think something is really funny, your whole body becomes engulfed in your giggles. You can be so goofy sometimes that we both just sit there looking at each other, cracking up. Those are some of my favorite times. They will be the times that I remember for the rest of my life.

Despite your almost always sunshine-y demeanor, sometimes you are shy. You'll press your face against me when you meet new people. You have recently stopped using your signs, and have begun to use words instead, although you go back to signs if you are around someone new. It makes me feel wonderful to know that you feel safe and protected when you are with me.

This month you have started to do so many new things. You are able to point out all different body parts. I'm not just talking about eyes, nose, and mouth. Somewhere along the line you have figured out hand, feet, toes, chin, cheek, eyebrow, forehead, hair, and ears. Sometimes at night, when we are cuddling, you will say, "Nose, nose, nose, Mama" while dreamily tickling my nose. I will tickle your face back and you'll sleepily chuckle and rest your hand on my cheek.

Most notably, and surprisingly, you have learned to identify the letters "e" and "o." Wherever we go, you love to point out these letters. I don't know where you learned this, but you are so proud of yourself. The other day you were looking at Goodnight Moon, which is of your favorite books. You looked up delighted with your chubby little finger pointing to the o in goodnight, and said, "Mama, O!" The amazement on your face must have matched mine. I have a hunch that you will always amaze me.


Love always,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. I love this baby. I can't seem to remember what life was like before him either. He is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...